All managers must become more facile with data.
You must learn These six inter-related skills if you don't have them already.
Check out these HBR blogs
1. Collect and explore some simple data, on your own
November 29, 2013
2. Understand the distinction between correlation and cause and effect
February 19, 2014
3. Present smoking hot graphics that help others see the messages in the data
April 12, 2014
4. Dig deeper to find the hidden gems in the data that help create value
August 7, 2014
5. Combine your intuition with analyses to make data-driven predictions
September 17, 2014
6. Do not be fooled by simple analyses that don’t hold up on a deeper look.
October 22, 2014